Monday, July 12, 2010

On my way!!!!

So, I just confirmed my tickets for Bosnia! Sept. 3-Dec 7 are my official dates! A good, cheap price, I feel quite lucky.

I have been so encouraged this week by my beautiful friends and family. In the same day, I received 2 precious gifts that reminded me of God's great love for me. I received some very generous gifts for financial support for Bosnia. THEN, my mom gave me a box full of encouraging letters and prayers written for me at my baby shower! I cried as I was reading these beautiful letters and felt so incredibly blessed, more than I can express.

I don't deserve to have such incredible people around me, but I get to accept that amazing gift anyway!

Sometimes, I feel like my life is too "struggle-free." I haven't had to deal with a lot of hardship in my 24 years. My life has been very beautiful and stable. My parents are amazing and have set the bar extremely high as to what a God-centered marriage and family should look like. I wonder sometimes if something devastating is around the corner for me, because I haven't experienced suffering and the maturity that comes with that.

However, lately I have realized that because I have such a "healthy" life, I am able to be there, fully present, for those who do have struggles because I'm not bogged down with a lot of my own "stuff."

My prayer is that God would continue to increase this capacity in me, so that I can bless others and support them in their process.

2 comments:

  1. Good insights, Shannon. So happy for you and the Tinlin family as you take this big (and far!) step into more of God's plan for your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited to have you Shannon! We can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete